Are there any requirements or registration needed to attend the Christmas Party for Underprivileged Children?

The only requirements are the following:

  1. Children must be between the ages of newborn and fourteen years old. 
  2. Children must be present to receive gifts.  No exceptions.
  3. Participants must show proof of Clay County residency at the door.
  4. Children must be accompanied by an adult.

What will the participants receive at the Party?

Children will receive one bag of new toys based on their age and gender.  Each child may also select one used toy.   Free clothing is also available for the whole family.  Bicycles are given out on a first come, first serve basis.  There is a limit of one bike per family. There are also hot dogs, cokes and popcorn given to the whole family.

Where can I drop off toys and bikes that I want to donate to the Charity?

New and gently used toys and bikes may be dropped off at any Clay County Fire Station or Ronnie Robinson’s located at 3170 US Highway 17, Green Cove Springs. Please also refer to the list of Toy drop box locations on the right side of the home page.

What are the guidelines for the toys that are donated?

All toys must be unwrapped.  We do not accept any toy guns, new or used.  If you are donating a new toy and it needs batteries, please tape the batteries to the gift.

What if I have a bike to donate but it needs some minor repairs?

We will still take it.  We have volunteers that repair all bikes that are donated.

How old do you have to be to volunteer?

All volunteers must be at least 16 years old.

How can my business, Boy Scout troop or other organization help?

Please have your organization or group have a toy or clothing drive.  Children can bring in a toy that they would like to have to give to a needy child.  We are always in need of jackets and winter clothing, both new and used.  A sock and underwear drive is also greatly appreciated. 

What are the eligibility requirements for the J.P. Hall Charities Scholarship?

The guidelines are as follows:

  1. Must be a graduating senior from any Clay County Public High School.
  2. Must attend college in the fall immediately following graduation.
  3. Must have a cumulative GPA of  2.5.
  4. Must have no more than five unexcused absences.

To what schools does the Scholarship Program offer assistance?

The Scholarship Program offers both full and partial assistance to St. Johns River State College and the University of North Florida.  Monies received are deposited to the selected school and cannot be transferred to another institution.

How do I apply for a scholarship?

You may print off an application from the website or you can get an application from your guidance counselor.  All deadlines and instructions are included on the application.  Applications will be in the Guidance Counselor’s office, and on this website, by mid January.